1. Jeweled Fabergé eggs did not save the Russian czar.
2. In Europe eggs are not washed nor refrigerated, and seldom does anyone get sick from eating them.
3. A goose egg is good for the goose and the gander, less so for the scoreboard or your head.
4. An egg fits into the human palm as into a nest.
5. Rabbits do not lay eggs and Easter eggs relate only obliquely to Jesus.
6. An egg fried on the sidewalk would taste like old shoes.
7. The day is an egg. Clock and calendar give it a crisp shell, the white is the nourishing business of work and the golden center the germ of an idea that may grow legs and wings.